Thursday 22 November 2012

Good Mummy or Bad Mummy? Little white lies at Christmas


So this is what Titch (Aka my little girl) came home from school with today:

Imagine my surprise when I read the outside of the card and then opened it up for the inside (second pic).  What's so surprising I hear you say....
Titch's room is a TIP!!  She is your average 4yrs old and has toys EVERYWHERE.

Let me explain....

A few weeks ago, Titch and The Boy (Aka, my little boy as if you hadn't guessed) who is 6yrs old had all their toys removed from their bedrooms and "thrown away".  Now don't get me wrong, this wasn't some moment of madness and extreme parenting, this was a long fueled stand off between the kids and us (well me) about tidying their bedrooms.  After months, and I mean MONTHS, of tidying up after them and asking them to keep their toys in their boxes and put them away etc I reached the end of my tether.  After the tenth time of asking them to tidy up, I marched upstairs with bin liners and started "throwing out" their toys.  I even got The Boy to help put his in the bags, I then told them I had thrown them out so now they had no toys left. I secretly hid them upstairs in my bedroom... see I'm not THAT mean.

Anyway in the spirit of Christmas, which if you've read my previous blog I am not in favour of it starting before December but a little white lie won't hurt right?, I informed the kids that if they were really good in school and managed to keep their bedrooms tidy (by this time they had, somehow, accumulated some toys) then Santa had told me that his Elves had rescued their toys from the bin and will drop them off to see if they can look after them.  If they can show him they can then they will get some presents at Christmas (horrible Mum I hear you shout).

IT WORKED!! albeit briefly, but nonetheless it worked and I had two tidy bedrooms, so last weekend the 'Elves' visited while everyone was out and left their toys.

This was obviously my reward for helping her, see I AM a good Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment