Friday 23 November 2012

Just another bad hair day! When Parents should override their children's wishes


While having yet another bad hair day (Sorry Donna if you read this - my hairdresser!!), I started thinking whether this was something I inherited or something I learnt from growing up.

Titch, my own flesh and blood, has perfect hair.  Hair we would all want, it is super blonde, has natural curls/waves that just fall so perfectly and even looks fab when she gets out of bed..... It's just not fair!!



I on the other hand grew up with hair like this:


Now in these pictures, not only do I have bad hair, I have bad clothes and bad glasses.  I asked my Mum WHY she would even let me out of the house dressed like this... her reply: "because you wanted them"

At what point should a parent override their children's wishes for how they want their hair and what they want to wear???

No comments:

Post a Comment