Thursday 22 November 2012

When is it too early for Christmas??

As a person who adores the 'holiday', or Christmas as it will always be known in my household, period I have been questioning: When is it too early for Christmas?

I know  a lot of people out there will be of similar mind to me, Christmas happens in DECEMBER!!!  The build up is great and the planning and preparing does need to start earlier than December granted, however, the decorations DO NOT!

At the beginning of November people were seen to be putting their Christmas decorations UP, yes, in their homes they were putting their tree and all their trimmings up....... now I ask you, what is that all about??

So when is the right time to start putting up decorations?
I have one friend who puts her decorations up before her son's birthday so that it's all magical for him, a brilliant idea I hear you saying and to be honest I thought what a wonderful idea until I found out when his birthday was.... beginning of NOVEMBER!!!  Surely anyone in their right mind would get bored of seeing their Christmas tree for 2 months.  Also, does this dampen the excitement for the child? after all he does have 50 days to wait for the big man to come down the chimney.

Shops put their decorations up just after bonfire night which I get, they have to maximise their sales.  But do we need to be sucked into that?  I admire people that are saying they have completed their Christmas shopping and written their cards.... well done you!!  I like to think I am organised for Christmas, in that I know which family member we are going to for lunch on the day and other parties we have to attend, I have also put a deposit on the boy's bike and that, my friend, is as far as it goes. Every year I say I will begin my shopping earlier, I will buy my cards and wrapping paper in the January sales, I will be prepared but to no avail and probably to the disgust of my former Girl Guide Leader I failed in my promise to 'Be Prepared'

After all these musings and thoughts I still don't when it's too early for Christmas!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment